Here we’re discussing various elements associated with bringing offline businesses online, starting with very important considerations when building a website, then moving on through the value of social media/networking, why hiring a VA or Insourcer could be the best decision you’ve ever made, the rundown on online appointments and finally, ClickBank or PayPal – what’s the best choice for your business?
- Think about how easy your slides are to read. Use a color scheme that provides good contrast between the background and text itself.
- If you NEED to use a background that is difficult to place text on, give the text itself a solid background box to frame and define it.
- Try to stick to Sans Serif fonts – they are much easier to read; especially from a distance.
- Similarly, standard fonts look much more professional – resist the urge to throw wacky typography on your slides!
- Don’t forget how important first impressions are and make sure you create a captivating title page that gets across the theme of the presentation, yet doesn’t give too much away.
- Use custom slides where possible – Differing from the built-in PowerPoint themes will make sure your presentation is unique and give it an edge.
- If you are going to use imagery, make sure it’s of a high quality. Remember your presentation might be shown on a large screen so the higher quality the image the better.
- Don’t underestimate solid colors. They’re easy to use and extra easy for the viewer to read text.
- Keep the text down to a minimum; it is a presentation, after all. The information within the slides themselves should be brief and an explanation should be provided by the speaker.
- The same goes for bullet points. Used wisely, they can be a fantastic tool, but keep them to a minimum or else you may as well be writing a few paragraphs of text!
- Highlighting, bolding, underlining or enlarging text can draw focus to key points in your presentation.
1. Take advantage of the Smart Art graphics available in Word. You can insert a variety of graphs and charts easily and with stunning results. This kind of extra to your document will give you an edge above the competition.2. If you are including specific data or information that requires focus, put it in a table. Not only will this make it easy to edit, it will also define it for the reader. (more…)
For every business owner there will come a point when you start to become overwhelmed with the everyday tasks of running a business. Eventually it will become necessary to find someone to take on these tasks for you, or these chores will take you further away from running your business.
If you are not ready to employ a full or part time member of staff, then this is when a Virtual Assistant will become extremely useful to your business. A Virtual Assistant can take over the tasks that stops you from running your business, and always be there when you need them the most.
Here are some essential tasks that a Virtual Assistant can help you with to make your business run smoothly.