- Think about how easy your slides are to read. Use a color scheme that provides good contrast between the background and text itself.
- If you NEED to use a background that is difficult to place text on, give the text itself a solid background box to frame and define it.
- Try to stick to Sans Serif fonts – they are much easier to read; especially from a distance.
- Similarly, standard fonts look much more professional – resist the urge to throw wacky typography on your slides!
- Don’t forget how important first impressions are and make sure you create a captivating title page that gets across the theme of the presentation, yet doesn’t give too much away.
- Use custom slides where possible – Differing from the built-in PowerPoint themes will make sure your presentation is unique and give it an edge.
- If you are going to use imagery, make sure it’s of a high quality. Remember your presentation might be shown on a large screen so the higher quality the image the better.
- Don’t underestimate solid colors. They’re easy to use and extra easy for the viewer to read text.
- Keep the text down to a minimum; it is a presentation, after all. The information within the slides themselves should be brief and an explanation should be provided by the speaker.
- The same goes for bullet points. Used wisely, they can be a fantastic tool, but keep them to a minimum or else you may as well be writing a few paragraphs of text!
- Highlighting, bolding, underlining or enlarging text can draw focus to key points in your presentation.
You don’t need to create fireworks with slide transitions. Keep these simple since a slide jumping in from every angle can get a little irritating
For complete access to the Microsoft Powerpoint Tips & Tricks eBook, Click here
There are several tools available in today’s market that help operating a successful online business simple and concise. Utilizing these programs will provide convenience and accessibility for yourself, employees, and your long-term client base. I have compiled a list of 5 engagement tools that can improve the success and organization of your business online.
Google apps for work is an essential tool for professional emails, online storage, shared calendars, video meetings and more. Built for business, and designed for teams. Explore some of the features that come with this app
- Google apps for work
- Gmail Calendar feature –
You can add events with photos and maps of places you are traveling to, flight and travel information, and view a singular day or your full month with a single glance.
- Tasks –
Task is designed to work for your Android phones and systems. Rearrange your tasks, to-do lists, and choose personalized color themes
- Google Docs –
Create sharable documents and folders. Google Docs provides ‘Docs’ for content writing, ‘sheets’ for spreadsheet configuration, and ‘slides’ for slide show presentations that are updated automatically and saved to your personal Drive. Options for saving as PDF and Docx files are available. Other options include ‘Forms’, ‘Drawings’, and ‘My Maps’
- Add extensions –
Two of my favourite extensions with the Google extension feature is the Techsmith Snagit and Chrome Remote desktop. The Techsmith Snagit feature allows you to take screenshots with instructions on annotations to send out to clients or colleagues. It also allows for video recording and stores directly to your drive. Chrome Remote desktop allows for a free screen-share with clients or colleagues. Its 100% free.
vCita is an online scheduling program that allows customers to book services directly from your company’s website. Customers have the option to book time-based on your availability and hours of choosing. Automated confirmations and email notifications can be set-up to send directly to each customer pertaining to each new order. vCita offers online payments and invoices, promoting “Add Now” buttons to your website, social media pages, and emails. This creates simple payment processes that can be deposited directly into your Paypal or bank account. In addition, invoice templates that are customized to your company and brand are available for itemized breakdowns and receipts or each purchase.
LinkedIn’s Rapportive is a Gmail compatible program that creates profiles for your contacts. By adding profile pictures, contact information, and social media links, you are able to connect with each contact on a personal level. Additional information provided includes profession, location with map settings, and your shared connections. These contact profiles are added directly to your inbox, displaying viable information on the right-hand screen as you are drafting your email. Rapportive creates a complete contact and communication experience directly from your inbox.
Boomerang offers a variety of email features that add convenience and efficiency to your business and communication process. This program allows you to draft an email and choose the date you wish to send the email, using their calendar feature or voice recognition text box. Boomerang allows you to remove emails from your inbox and choose a later viewing date. The program will make those emails reappear marked as ‘unread’ on the later date of your choosing. Other features include reminders to touch base or follow up with contacts who haven’t replied within a certain amount of time, and allows you to use your smartphone to send emails that will arrive in your inbox at a time of your choosing, to send yourself reminders at the appropriate times.
Hello Sign is the first ever program that allows you to sign legally binding documents from the convenience of your own home. This completely paperless program allows you to open the appropriate file, add your signature and send within minutes. You can upload documents, assign signatures fields, and send documents that need to be signed by a third party. By allowing users to reuse documents, and saving commonly designed documents, you are able to create templates and links that are available to be hosted directly from your website. HelloSign is integrated with Google Drive, Dropbox, and Evernote.
- Hello Sign
Organization and efficiency are vital aspects to running a successful business in today’s online industry. Utilizing internet based tools will make these aspects a reality by offering personal convenience and success, while creating a pleasurable experience for your customers.
This is a Five Part Series.
Here we’re discussing various elements associated with bringing offline businesses online, starting with very important considerations when building a website, then moving on through the value of social media/networking, why hiring a VA or Insourcer could be the best decision you’ve ever made, the rundown on online appointments and finally, ClickBank or PayPal – what’s the best choice for your business?
1. Take advantage of the Smart Art graphics available in Word. You can insert a variety of graphs and charts easily and with stunning results. This kind of extra to your document will give you an edge above the competition.
2. If you are including specific data or information that requires focus, put it in a table. Not only will this make it easy to edit, it will also define it for the reader.
For every business owner there will come a point when you start to become overwhelmed with the everyday tasks of running a business. Eventually it will become necessary to find someone to take on these tasks for you, or these chores will take you further away from running your business.
If you are not ready to employ a full or part time member of staff, then this is when a Virtual Assistant will become extremely useful to your business. A Virtual Assistant can take over the tasks that stops you from running your business, and always be there when you need them the most.
Here are some essential tasks that a Virtual Assistant can help you with to make your business run smoothly.